Farm Health and Safety Promotion
Health and safety promotion with farmers
These resources are for direct use by farmers and are useful for health workers providing health and injury prevention advice to farmers during client interactions or at promotional events.
1. Child health and safety
2. Preventing Falls in Older farmers - falls prevention self- help tool
3. Managing the Pressures of Farming – stress management self-help tool
4. Rehabilitation of injured farmers – link to resources
5. Farm safety factsheet series
Please note: These factsheets are included within the GP Toolkit
6. Practical guidelines for key farm safety hazards including:
- Quad bike guide
- Workshop safety
- Machinery guarding
- Other guidelines - see Farmer Resources
7. Comprehensive farm OHS management resources
These resources offer all farmers need to know about how to implement a robust OHS program on farm, in order to meet state legislated OHS regulations. These include:
* commodity specific hazard checklists, induction templates and training registers that can be modified to suit individual farms
* a set of supporting resources on a range of farm safety topics (eg. quad bikes)
* can be downloaded free from Farmer Resources or on the Farmsafe website at www.farmsafe.org.au
* can be ordered on request as a printed folder (cost involved).
Health workers, like farmers, can simply register by email, select the options and download the resources free of charge.